ACES has a National Committee which organises National Events and programs. There are also active Chapters with committees in NSW, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.
In the future, ACES aspires to have active Chapters in the remaining States and Territories: South Australia, Tasmania, ACT & NT. Each active committee has programs of meetings and events, details of which are accessible through the links below.
To view our newsletters, please visit this link.
ACES 2018 Seminars
ACES VIC Theme for 2018 – “Cost Modelling Matters”
Infrastructure Decision Making Models
- Tuesday 17 April 2018 6.00pm-8.00pm
- Speakers will identify the tools relating to the quality of decisions including the appropriate frame, creative, viable alternatives, and clear, logical reasoning. William McDougall, an industry expert, will outline how models are prepared for Benefit Cost Analysis on major infrastructure projects
- Tuesday 19 June 2018 6.30pm-8.00pm
- Decision makers depend on reliable cost and schedule risk analyses to give them conﬁdence in their decisions. To deliver reliability, cost engineers and risk analysts need to apply project risk quantification (PRQ) methods that work. This presentation reviews research on cost growth, schedule slip and accuracy and will present an integrated set of PRQ methods “that work” for projects, programs and portfolios of every description for both owners and contractors.
- Tuesday 19 June 2018 8.30am – Thursday 21 June 2018 5.00pm
- John Hollmann, an international industry expert and author will draw on decades of practical experience and research to present his realistic model for contingency in cost and time that, for the first time, allows quantification of systemic risks based on the way projects are structured.
Cost & Time Dimensions in BIM
- Tuesday 21 August 2018 6.00pm-8.00pm
- Industry experts will demonstrate the benefits of the fourth and fifth dimensions in Building Information Modelling. Learn how these dimensions will enable digital coordination of planning, organising and controlling projects.
Modelling Operation Activities – Productivity Improvement Tools
- Tuesday 16 October 2018 6.00pm-8.00pm
- Industry leaders will share their modelling techniques and experience that will enable improved cost, efficiency and quality in both public and private operations including traffic, logistics, and manufacturing.
Relevant Conferences for 2018
- 18 – 20 November 2018
- The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS) is proud to host the joint 11th International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC) World Congress & the 22nd Annual Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors Conference in 2018. The event, which also features the 3rd International QS BIM Conference, is expected to attract over 400 local and international participants from a variety of professions.
- Thursday 22 November 2018
- The largest international Project Control event featuring Expert international speakers presenting MasterClass sessions, Case studies, Technical presentations, SME (Subject Matter Expert) Panels, along with Partner showcase and a Project Controls job fair.