ACES has a National Committee which organises National Events and programs. There are also active Chapters with committees in NSW, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.
In the future, ACES aspires to have active Chapters in the remaining States and Territories: South Australia, Tasmania, ACT & NT. Each active committee has programs of meetings and events, details of which are accessible through the links below.
To view our newsletters, please visit this link.
ACES 2019 Seminars
Level 31, 600 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
ACES VIC Theme for 2019 – “Valuable Engineering”
The theme of “valuable engineering” describes the method of measuring the outputs of engineering projects such as the benefit cost ratio but also allows assessment of the effect on the community, the environment, organisations and development of individuals. The theme also considers the perception stakeholders may have of the quality of work and the amount of innovation that adds value.
- Tuesday 19 March 2019 6.00pm-8.00pm
- Are we getting value from the current types of contract we are using? What is their track record? What is the best value for money approach – collaborative vs adversarial? What is the risk/reward balance? Is it the form of contract or is it the calibre of people on the team? Industry leaders will describe the advantages and disadvantages of three types of contract from an owner and contractor perspective.
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 6.00pm-8.00pm
- Why do Projects get out of control? How do we restore them to meet cost and time expectations? How can we reliably predict cost growth and schedule slip? Why do projects sit on 80% complete for so long? Speakers will explain techniques for restoring non-performing projects by addressing the accuracy of scope definition, the role of WBS and the importance of accurate field measurements with particular emphasis on earned value vs bottom up estimating to predict outcomes at completion.
- Tuesday 16 July 2019 6.00pm-8.00pm
- What are the tools Contractors need to identify, value and obtain entitlement for variations and what should or can Owners do to avoid claims? Industry experts will share their view on what works and what doesn’t.
- Tuesday 17 September 2019 6.00pm-8.00pm
- Are excellence and value mutually exclusive? Is cost the only imperative to measure value? How does quality affect life-cycle costs of assets? Industry professionals will describe the techniques they use to successfully improve outcomes on major projects, including the use of “how” and “why” questions to look at design alternatives that satisfy functional requirements at the lowest cost.