ACES has a National Committee which organises National Events and programs. There are also active Chapters with committees in NSW, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.
Each active committee has programs of meetings and events, details of which are accessible through the links below.
ACES Western Australian Chapter AGM and Election of Office Bearers for 2018/2019
Dear ACES members
Do you want to make a satisfying and rewarding contribution to your profession?
The Australian Cost Engineering Society in Western Australia (ACES WA) are looking for committee nominations and this is your chance to contribute to their successful program of presentations and associate with the foremost experts in project and asset cost control.
Being involved in the ACES WA Chapter committee will give you the opportunity to:
- help create and launch the 2019 ACES technical / CPD Program
- market the ACES activities, project control skills and knowledge within Engineers Australia
- associate with experts, with extensive and varied project and asset control skills and knowledge
- contribute your insights into project cost and program issues and develop your capabilities in influencing fellow professionals
So put your name forward to join the committee and come along to our AGM.
The annual general meeting of the Western Australia Chapter of the Australian Cost Engineering Society is on Tuesday 28th August 2018, 8:30am – 9:00am, straight after our technical meeting on “Project Risk Management – Assurance vs Control.”
The AGM will involve:
- The Election of Office Bearers (committee members)
- General Business
Election of Office Bearers – Nominations
Nominations are now called for the Election of Office Bearers from ACES members. Your nomination should include a short bio of yourself and what you have to contribute and must be submitted to Allan.Crow@alliedprojects.com.au by Friday 10th August 2018.
Summary of Committee Positions
- Chairperson: The general coordinator and spokesperson for the committee.
- Deputy Chairperson: Stand in and support to Chair person. Manage CPD program theme and content.
- Membership: Review and welcome new members and send introductory email including contacts, program and web page details. Analyse, report & recommend on trends in membership and meeting attendances.
- Education & Training Representative: Coordinates training activities and awards, including ACES sponsored undergraduate and postgraduate subjects at Swinburne University.
- Social Media Manager and Marketing Coordinator: Organises web page, LinkedIn and other social media content, and markets ACES activities.
- Technical Program Coordinator: Coordination of the logistics of the ACES technical program from development to delivery, including the monthly technical presentations.
- General Committee Member (multiple roles): Contributes to decision making and activities allocated by the committee. Opportunities include managing and planning nominated technical presentations, introducing presenters, and advancing concerns of the ACES’s contribution to Engineers Australia business in Western Australia.
The ACES WA Chapter Committee meetings are monthly and are held either at Engineers Australia 712 Murray Street, West Perth 6005 or at a venue agreed by the committee members.
There will also be opportunities to host the CPD sessions during the year. Technical presentations are usually held every quarter with additional workshops in-between.
Being in the Total Cost Management (TCM) area of engineering practice, we are well aware that member’s family and work commitments including travel will take priority.
This should not be seen as a deterrent to committee participation as we welcome whatever contributions you are able to make.
Note that successful applicants for the ACES chair of a state chapter should have prior committee experience and if lacking this experience could be appointed as Deputy Chair for one year followed by appointment for one year as Chair. This decision will be made by the ACES National committee in consultation with applicants and the state committee.
Gaston Van Wyk
Mrityunjaya (Jay) Tomar
Samantha Le Roux
Committee Member, WA Web Admin