The Annual General Meeting of the Australian Cost Engineering Society b WA Chapter will be held on Wednesday 16 March 2005 at 5:30pm at Rigbybs Bar,221 St Georges Terrace, Perth.
The session will commence at 5:30pm and with some free drinks and nibbles to provide an opportunity for networking and catching up with other members.
The formal agenda will commence at 6:00pm and include:
- A look back at the events of the ACES in WA and Nationally
- The current financial and membership status for the ACES WA Chapter
- Nominations and election of new committee members (see below)
- An update on the ACES Web Sites
- The ACES 2005 National Conference (to be held in Perth)
- An update on other activities for 2005
- A discussion on ideas for the ACES technical and social agenda for 2005
Nominations for ACES WA Chapter Committee Members
Nominations are encouraged from interested ACES members for election to any of the existing committee positions. As the ACES National Conference is being held in Perth and hosted by the WA Chapter this year, we will also be looking to also form a subcommittee to help prepare and manage this event.
The Committee Positions for 2005 include:
- Vice Chairperson/Treasurer
- Meetings Coordinator
- Web Site Coordinator
- National Conference Subcommittee Officers
If you wish to nominate yourself for a committee position, please advise by email by 14 March 2005 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ACES 2005 National Conference
The ACES National Conference, which has previously always been held in Melbourne, will be held this year in Perth. The Conference, scheduled for November this year, will include attendees from outside WA and will provide an opportunity to promote WA and showcase itbs projects. To ensure that that the Conference is a success, a subcommittee will be formed to focus on its preparation.
Ideas for ACES Technical and Social Agenda for 2005
To generate more interest in the ACES activities, we are seeking to improve our technical and social agenda for 2005. We would like to hear your comments and ideas for an improved 2005 agenda at the AGM. However, if you are unable to attend, we would still appreciate an email (by 14 March 2005) with any comments or ideas that you may have so they can be tabled at the AGM.
The following are a few suggestions to stimulate ideas for the ACES agenda.
- Presentations on keynote projects
- Seminars or workshops
- Lessons Learnt presentations
- New Technology demonstrations
- Examples of innovation
- Research papers and standards
- Site Visits
- Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner presentations.
Please advise by email (email@example.com) by 14 March 2005 if you will be attending. We look forward to seeing you there.