Please consider this opportunity to make a satisfying and rewarding contribution to your profession. The cost engineers in each State are looking for new blood on their committees and this is your chance to contribute to their successful program of presentations, and associate with the foremost experts in project and asset cost control.
Being involved in the Australian Cost Engineers Society (ACES) and AACE Australian section committee will give you the opportunity to:
· help create and launch the 2017 ACES / AACE technical / CPD Program
· market the ACES / AACE activities, project control skills and knowledge within Engineers Australia
· associate with experts, with extensive and varied project and asset control skills and knowledge
· contribute your insights into estimating, cost and program issues and develop your capabilities in influencing fellow professionals
So put your name forward to join the committee… see the following for what this involves.
Election of Office Bearers – Nominations
Nominations are now called for the Election of Office Bearers from members of the ACES and AACE International. The ACES chapters are the local branch of the International Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE).
Your nomination including a short bio, and what you are able to contribute, must be submitted by Monday 27 June.
Following receipt of nominations voting will be by an electronic voting system.
The nomination process is to send an email to email@example.com with contact details and attach your bio and a candidate statement on what you would like to contribute. Keep the bio and statement to one A4 page, and include a recent photo.
Final declaration of the voting for positions will be at the annual general meeting of the each Chapter of the Australian Cost Engineering Society / AACE to follow a technical meeting in July / August.
Summary of Committee Positions and Requirements
The Committee meetings are usually held monthly. There will also be opportunities to host the CPD sessions during the year. Technical presentations are also held throughout the year, and additional training workshops used to develop competency and accreditation within the industry, and additional workshops from September to November are used to develop the 2017 program.
The committee is limited to ten members and applicants can nominate for the position of Chapter Chair or committee member. Roles and responsibilities are allocated by the elected committee and the attached list is an indication of the roles based on the current committee.
· Successful applicants for the ACES / AACE state chair should have prior committee experience and if lacking this experience could be appointed as Deputy Chair for one year followed by appointment for one year as Chair. This decision will be made by the ACES / AACE National committee in consultation with applicants and the state committee.
· Being in the total cost management area of engineering practice, we are well aware that member’s family and work commitments including travel will take priority. This should not be seen as a deterrent to committee participation as we would welcome whatever contributions you are able to make.
Join your fellow professionals to contribute to the profession and to enhance your own skills and contacts in this area that is so critical for both your project and your personal success!