Swinburne University – Melbourne have now added their Cost Engineering Course (HES6175) to the list of courses available as Distance Learning. The first course commences on 24 July 2006.
The objective of this course is to make the student aware of the principles and practices of Total Cost Management and their application to establish and achieve time and cost budgets for engineered projects.
The course content includes:
- Projects & project life cycles
- Project delivery systems & commercial options
- Introduction to engineering economics, interest / DCF / cash flows / escalation
- Measurement of quantities (Australian Standard AS1181)
- Work planning & the development of crews and production rates
- Work scheduling (bar charts / CPM / PERT)
- Cost estimation (order of magnitude / preliminary / definitive / detailed)
- Commercial aspects of Standard Conditions of Contract (AS2124 and AS4000 series)
- Risk Analysis AS/NZS4360
- Time & cost control during project execution and ongoing activities