The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, in collaboration with the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International and the Australian Cost Engineering Society is planning to host a one-day forum on Project Cost Management, focusing on Building Information Modeling and like integrated design / construction / operations systems used in the Construction Industry.
Titled “Project Cost Management: Control at the Interface with BIM”, the event will be held in Perth on Thursday, 7th March 2013 and will showcase best practice new technologies and methods to reduce costs, improve profitability, and manage lifecycle.
The event is a rare opportunity to join industry professionals for an informative one-day conference that offers key insights into current and future management skills of Quantity Surveyors and Cost Engineers at the interface with 3D Modeling & Visualization and Information Management software utilized for integrated design, construction, and operations data. Expression of Interest due, Friday, December 14, 2012 to email@example.com
Date: 7th March 2013
Venue: Rydges Hotel, 815 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000, Australia
Delegates: 50 to 100 Professionals in engineering management and project cost controls
The forum is essential for professionals in Cost Management, Quantity Surveying, and Project Controls involved in industries such as petrochemical, mining, infrastructure and construction. This is an opportunity to speak with experts on how to apply your skill set in new markets and improve the cost performance of your projects regardless of your current level of data integration.
A highlight will be an expert discussion on current project case studies and the hands-on use of the latest 3D Modeling & Visualization and Information Management software.
Expression of Interest for Keynote Speaker and Presenters
We are looking for experienced industry leaders in the field of Construction Management who are willing to share their expertise and knowledge on the use of BIM and like integrated design and information management systems. As such, the keynote speaker and presenters will need:
· To be either a Vice President or Senior Manager involved in project planning and control of major projects;
· Have expertise in the senior management of major projects with a view about the future of project controls;
· Provide case studies on the use of 4D and 5D computer modeling of projects and like integrated design and build systems, especially their applications in cost and lifecycle management, risk management, warranties, operations, and maintenance;
· Impart an understanding of the impediments and enablers of effective project control;
· Have a vision of the future of project controls for major projects in the construction and resources sector; and
· Join a panel of experts in an interactive discussion on the soft issues of system implementation adoption, integration, skillsets, and governance.
Key Reasons to Participate
· Lead the discussion on the use of smart technologies to improve project delivery and reduce costs;
· Influence the implementation of CADD processes to increase productivity;
· Demonstrate BIM throughout the life cycle of the project to leverage data management;
· Provide information about new practices to improve work collaborative processes;
· Plan for legal and risk challenges to facilitate project delivery methods.
Becoming a sponsor of the event is the perfect way to:
· Increase your company profile and awareness
· Demonstrate your products and meet your market face to face
· Build outstanding relationships with your leading clients
For further details how we can tailor a package to meet your needs please contact Anna, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Anyone interested in applying to take part can make a submission containing:
· A current CV;
· Details of a one hour presentation comprising 45 min presentation, and 15 minutes for questions; and
· A photo and 100 word biography.
· Details of any sponsorship proposals
DUE; Friday, December 14, 2012
Submission to: email@example.com
For further details how we can tailor a package to meet your needs please contact;
Anna, Ph: +61 3 9654 4480, M: +61 401 145 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org